Here is a step-by-step guide on how to insert new employees while using a CSV file.
1. To insert a new employee, start by clicking on the "Custom Payroll Report" option.
2. Here you can select multiple columns of your choice, such as employee code or employee name, by simply clicking on the checkbox next to the desired option.
3. After choosing the columns, simply click on 'Submit' to proceed and submit the data, you can also download it as a CSV file by clicking on 'Download as CSV'.
4. After downloading the CSV file, the added columns will appear in the format shown in the image.
5. But if you are adding the employee data for example date of birth or employee joining date you have to add the sign of percentage (%) before that data as shown in the below image only then it will be uploaded but it is not mandatory for payroll things like gross salary or basic salary.
6. In this only if you select ‘Yes’ only then the new employee will get inserted otherwise, no employee will be inserted.
7. To upload a CSV file, click on the green icon and select the appropriate CSV file you wish to attach, whatever column you have maintained in CSV you can add or upload that CSV here.
8. Afterward, click on 'Save' to save it, in case there's an employee ID in the CSV file that doesn't exist in the system, our script will automatically add it as a new employee and also include its payroll data.
9. Data will be added to the template which you can process by clicking on the process icon.
10. In the final step, all the columns you've added will appear in this format.
Here is a complete video tutorial guiding you step-by-step through the process of inserting new employees into the system using CSV.